Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten
Our comprehensive preschool program helps children develop the skills necessary for future success and a lifetime love of learning in a fun and safe environment. Kids Klub is very different from other preschools in Pasadena, CA. Our preschoolers get the opportunity to learn through exploration, investigation, and discovery at the many classrooms (i.e. discovery centers) in our schools—rotating to each of our discovery centers with their teachers—instead of spending their day in just one class. Our curriculum and activities value diversity, respect the individual, and create a strong understanding of S.T.E.A.M. concepts (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math).
We provide self-guided, teacher-directed, and group activities that facilitate engagement among peers at our preschool in Pasadena and San Gabriel/Rosemead. With programming designed to consider the whole child (cognitively, socially, emotionally and physically), we promote opportunities for problem-solving and decision-making that help result in well-rounded, compassionate, confident children.
Kids Klub’s Pre-Kindergarten program has developed a reputation for preparing your child for acceptance into the best private schools. Our program combines education, play, and structure to provide your child with the skills and characteristics needed to excel in kindergarten, grade school and beyond—as well as providing the social experiences needed to produce a balanced and well-rounded child. Language, literacy, beginning reading and writing skills, mathematics, social studies and performing arts are all promoted by an enriched and extended curriculum.
We provide Pre-K children with foundational skills such as friendship-building and positive self-image that will be crucial for success in Kindergarten and throughout life. With Kids Klub’s curriculum children move on to Kindergarten with confidence, enthusiasm and a love of learning. At the end of the year, all graduating pre-kindergarten students participate in a graduation ceremony complete with cap, gowns and diplomas.
What’s included in the Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten Program:
- Industry leading low teacher to child ratios. Click here for ratios of each center: PASADENA and SAN GABRIEL/ROSEMEAD
- Our preschool is full-service providing diapers, wipes, ointments for non-potty-trained preschoolers and sleeping mats and sheets and for each child
- All teachers are background checked, fingerprinted, CPR & First Aid Certified, experienced, thoroughly trained and college educated in preschool child development
- We offer a healthy, nutritional, largely organic meal program at a reasonable monthly price designed to keep pace with all the needs of your developing child. (Breakfast and all snacks are included in your monthly tuition)
Traditional preschool teachings such as the letters of the alphabet, linguistics, motor skills, counting & numbers, and color & shape recognition are expanded to embrace the STEAM MODEL (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math). Through our monthly and weekly themes such as Marine Animals, Countries of the World, and Ecology & Environment, our children learn about the world around them. Science projects, fine & performing arts activities, nature walks, and cooking lessons are coordinated with the themes to provide an integrated learning experience. Outdoor play and free play are incorporated as well, yet, schedules, daily class rotations, and routines are in place to provide the children with a familiar and predictable experience.
The Kids Klub Curriculum serves as a detailed framework that allows our teachers to utilize their professional expertise and creativity to teach a specific topic or concept. Above all, it allows them to be agile in individualizing your child’s educational experience. At Kids Klub, our teachers prepare lessons that meet certain objectives within each of the Discovery Centers (which have been purposefully designed with a focus on the four core foundations—cognitive, language, social-emotional, and physical development). The lesson plans and immersive centers attract the attention of the children. By combining teacher-directed activities together with children’s exploratory play in the discovery centers, each day is filled with challenging, fun-filled learning opportunities.
What nowadays would be referred to as S.T.E.A.M, education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math has always been a major part of the Kids Klub curriculum. Our curriculum is reinforced over and over again as children travel through the many learning centers at Kids Klub. For instance, math concepts initially taught in “circle time” are then reinforced in the different centers (e.g. blocks, puzzles, manipulatives, science, art center, “Kitchen Creation,” dramatic play, “Music & Movement,” “Balance & Coordination,” etc.) throughout the day. Repetition of a particular concept utilizing different areas of the brain—and different learning techniques—ensures that your child will absorb and retain knowledge.
Language and social and emotional skills are taught every second at Kids Klub. We teach your child how to share, collaborate, handle conflicts, and express feelings appropriately. We build your child’s self-esteem by positively reinforcing your child’s accomplishments and appropriate behavior. We encourage your child to take risks and try new things by introducing new experiences every day. We stimulate your child to ask questions and solve interesting problems, to think independently and to explore the world around them. Each stage in your child’s life takes these skills to new levels. When your child graduates to elementary school (where teacher ratios are at a minimum 1 to 20), your child will have the confidence and emotional skills necessary to handle situations that present themselves.
Physical development at Kids Klub is reinforced in our discovery centers—both indoors and outdoors. We introduce scissors at the 2-year-old level. Beginning writing skills are enhanced at the 3-year-old level when we focus on holding a crayon and pencil correctly. We facilitate gross motor development, by encouraging walking, skipping, galloping, running, jumping, climbing, stretching, and dancing through “Music & Movement” lessons, “Balance & Coordination” activities, and time spent outdoors on our yards and playgrounds.
Each age component (2-year-old, 3-year-old and Pre-Kindergarten) have established goals so that as your child moves from component to component, your child will have the developmental skills that he/she needs. We want your child to succeed at each level and leave Kids Klub ready to take on elementary school and life with confidence, kindness, and a zest for learning and success.
Our curriculum has been developed utilizing expert text of preschool curriculum topics, current research findings, along with the California Department of Education’s “Pre-Kindergarten Learning and Development Guidelines”. Experts from around the world have been consulted to put together these guidelines that answer the fundamental question: “what kind of education is appropriate for preschool?” Furthermore, our curriculum has been influenced by consulting with many of the top public and private elementary schools in the area to ensure that our children are accepted in—and prepared for—Kindergarten.
Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten Food Program
We believe that proper nutrition is one of the most important aspects of a child’s development. We believe our food program should not only provide children with the nourishment their young bodies need to thrive, but also teach them healthy habits that they can carry with them their entire lives. Kids Klub has put a great deal of effort into creating a food program that meets its own internally high standards. We constantly look for innovative ways to incorporate and source healthy ingredients consistently. The result is a menu that is high-quality, nutritionally-balanced, and above all, something that children actually enjoy. We are extremely proud of the food program that we are able to offer at a reasonable price. (Reminder: all breakfast and snacks are included with your tuition.) Here are the guidelines within which we operate.
Kids Klub Daily Food Program Guidelines:
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFC)
- No Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- No Trans Fats and Hydrogenated Oils
- Elimination of Genetically Modified (GMO) foods
- We use organic foods wherever possible. All the chicken, beef and eggs we serve are 100% organic. We will never serve fruits and vegetables on EWG’s “Dirty Dozen” list if they are not available organically. While we always strive to serve all organic fruits and vegetables when available, we will substitute conventionally grown fruits and vegetables if the conventional fruit or vegetable is on EWG’s “Clean 15” list. We serve organic maple syrup, ketchup, tomato sauce, granola, animal crackers, and more!
- We use only 100% Hormone and Antibiotic free milk
- 100% fresh fruit (No canned fruit at all)
- Only water and milk are served (No fruit juice or sodas)
- Use of only fresh or flash-frozen vegetables (other than organic beans in non-BPA lined cans)
- Use of 100% Whole Grains in all breads, tortillas, crackers, and pizza dough (No white bread products)
- High Protein/High Fiber Pasta made of special flour blend from lentils, chick peas, oats, spelt, barley, egg whites, ground flaxseeds and wheat fiber (17g of protein in a 3.5oz serving) or 100% organic high protein pasta
- Use of 100% Brown or Wild Rice (no white rice)
- Nitrate free foods including turkey bacon
- Homemade salad dressing, guacamole, and hummus
- Limiting the use of added sugar and salt
Last, but certainly not least, our chefs are all professionally trained with food safety certificates. They have huge hearts for children—and they get great satisfaction knowing the important role they play in your child’s development.